Home » Careers
If you are interested in applying for any of our available positions, please send your resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are openly recruiting for the following positions:
|The Fundraising Specialist is a leadership role, working to plan, organize, and host fundraising events. Qualified applicants would need to have 3 years planning and fundraising experience. The position is responsible for maintaining the donor database, coordinating events, social media posts, maintaining content on the website, and actively working as a part of the Development team in setting fundraising goals.
The Fundraising Specialist job involves taking ideas and turning them into goals through the work of developing an annual fundraising plan and budget, organizing people, finding event sponsors and raising funds for the organization. A Fundraising Specialist serves as a representative of the agency and advocates for the agency and its mission.
Duties and responsibilities
Public relations: The Fundraising Specialist is charged with fundraising and creating strategic relationships with donors through press releases, brochures, social media, email campaigns, attending community events among other creative avenues of development.
Research: The Fundraising Specialist is responsible for collecting data and information related to donors, events and venues of interest to the agency as well as pre- and post-event reports.
Administrative duties: The Fundraising Specialist is responsible for working collaboratively with other members of the Development Committee to create an annual plan for fundraising and donor cultivation, project management, and event coordination as well as the supervision of staff and office work related to the development plan.
Skills and Qualifications
Communication skills: Both verbal and in writing to inform and engae donors, the media and people in the community of the organization's purpose and in communicating goals to coworkers.
Project management skills: Time management is an essential skill of the Fundraising Specialist who is responsible to scheduling other people and coordinating locations for events as well as vendors for events.
Administrative skills: Office skills are essential for a Fundraising Specialist to complete required documentation for coordinating events, budgets and people.
Ability to multitask with several project details at once: People management is an essential skill of the Fundraising Specialist who is responsible to organize events, staff, volunteers, and members of the media need to be contacted and managed for effective publicity for the organization.
The Fundraising Specialist is responsible for working collaboratively with other members of the Development Team to create an annual plan for fundraising and donor cultivation
A minimum bachelor’s degree focusing on nonprofit fundraising or other related field- master’s degree preferred. Candidates must have training in communication and know how to manage a team or organizational department.
Candidates must have several years of progressively senior experience working effectively in a visible role of an organization and should have supervisory experience over the administration, budget and personnel.
|Family Promise of Sussex County is looking to hire a few passionate, dedicated, driven individuals for positions within our housing programs.
Entry level positions starting at $40,000 (minimum Bachelor Degree). Master Level degree with 3+ years experience- positions starting at $48,000 a year.
Must have Masters Degree in Social Work or Related Field and 3+ year of Case Management Experience
|The Social Work Case Manager: Housing Specialist is responsible to provide information, resources, and referrals through one-on-one case management and group sessions with clients. The Housing Specialist works as a part of the team in moving client from initial contact through to housing permanency.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Collaborate closely with other case workers in meeting client needs
Assist clients in completing intake, assessments, and program applications
Obtain appropriate and essential documentation
Establish rapport with clients, identify appropriate interventions, and provide advocacy and support
Assess for crisis needs and utilize appropriate crisis intervention techniques for client stabilization
Collaborate with clients to build a strong, structured and professional relationship while utilizing a variety of techniques and processes
Exhibit knowledge of various referral resources within the community to meet client needs
Provide financial and career counseling, life skill seminars, and other relevant training sessions.
Work with clients to develop Individual Goals focused on housing stability and meeting individual and family needs.
Data input and maintenance utilizing the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) database and other spreadsheets as needed
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Attend meetings, functions, and training events as directed
Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor or Executive Director
Require some early morning, evening and weekend work
All agency staff are responsible to engage in special events and fundraising activities
Masters Degree in social work or related field preferred, minimum Bachelor Level degree required
Minimum three-years of experience in social work case management and working with low-income households
Willingness to learn federal housing regulations
|The Finance Manager is a member of the Executive Leadership Team and provides oversight and management of all financial functions including: bookkeeping, billing, reconciling, budget development and tracking, financial operations, financial personnel management, insurance coverage, and develops projections on individual project budgets, grant budgets, and capital improvements.
Paramount to this position is the ability to work with a high degree of independence, and juggle various projects at once, while maintaining a clear view of how each project supports the organization’s mission.
· Oversee all accounts, ledgers, financial software and reporting systems ensuring policies and procedures are in compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements
· Oversee an inclusive process to establish an annual operating budget for the agency
· Provide staff training in the areas of budget development, budget management, fiscal accountability, finance procedures and more
· Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitor progress and changes and report financial status to the Executive Director
· Develop plans to address areas of opportunity within the agency’s financial process
· Provide strategic vision, planning, oversight, and a financial outlook
· Manage finance department personnel to include training, delegation of duties and performance management
· Participate in leadership meetings to plan and discuss direction of the agency and present financial data
· Manage agency cash flow forecasting by working in partnership with department leaders; collaborate to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations
· Work with external auditors to prepare and review audit schedules and annual report of audit findings
· Oversee the process for identifying and evaluating opportunities for improved financial operations, recordkeeping, and reporting
· Assist grant writer in preparing budgets for grant proposals which fit into the agency’s strategic plan
· Ensure the maintenance of financial records and recordkeeping systems, including grant accounting, to ensure compliance with all regulations, generally accepted accounting practices and contractual requirements
· Attend additional committee and board meetings in an advisory capacity
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent, Master’s Degree preferred
Minimum three years of experience managing accounting functions of nonprofit agency with a thorough knowledge of nonprofit accounting practices, processes, and procedures
Good communication skills, both written and verbal
Strong organization and analytical skills with attention to details
Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks and Excel
Ability to interact professionally with the Executive Director, Board of Trustees, staff, and other key stakeholders
|Interested in joining our growing team of dynamic staff working to improve the lives for our neighbors experiencing a housing crisis? Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.|